An Overview of Business Development Jobs
Business development jobs, such as a Business Analyst, for life science companies entails tasks and processes to develop and implement growth opportunities within and between organizations. It is a subset of the fields of business, commerce and organizational theory. Business development is the creation of long-term value for an organization from customers, markets and relationships.
Do you have the skill set for a business development job? It is possible!
Basic Business Development Job Facts (including Business Analyst):
- Areas of focus – Product and/or technology licensing and acquisition, partnering (co-market or co-promote), mergers and acquisitions
- Entry level positions – Business Analyst, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Entry level position example – Business Development Analyst
- Entry level salary range* – Business Development Analyst $51,000 – $96,000 ($67,223 average)
- Career path – Analyst, Senior Analyst, Manager, Director, Vice President, Commercial Development Officer