Corporate Communications Jobs Overview
Corporate communications jobs are based on a set of activities involved in managing and orchestrating all internal and external communications, aimed at creating favorable point-of-view among stakeholders on which the company depends. It is the messages issued by a corporate organization, body or institute to its audiences, such as employees, media, channel partners and the general public. Organizations aim to communicate the same message to all its stakeholders, to transmit coherence, credibility and ethics.
Corporate communication helps organizations explain their mission, combine their many visions and values into a cohesive message to stakeholders. The concept of corporate communication could be seen as an integrative communication structure linking stakeholders to the organization.
Are you comfortable creating content that delivers an important message? If the answer is yes, a communications career may be right for you. Do you want to play a pivotal role in keeping all parties of an organization updated on policies and procedures? If so, we encourage you to consider corporate communications jobs.
Basic Facts on Communications Careers:
- Areas of focus – Internal Communications, Public Relations, Investor Relations
- Entry level positions – Corporate Communications Specialist, Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, English
- Entry level position example – US Consumer Brand Public Relationship Specialist
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – Corporate Communications Specialist $39,000 – $73,000 (average $53,702)
- Career path – Communications Specialist, Manager Public Relations, Corporate Communications Director, Vice President Investor & Public Relations