Common Finance Careers and Accounting Jobs for New College Grads
Financial accounting (or financial accountancy) is the field of accounting concerned with the summary, analysis and reporting of financial transactions pertaining to a business. Finance careers typically involve the preparation of financial statements available for public consumption.
If you are comfortable working with numbers and figures on a daily basis, finance careers and accounting jobs may be your calling.
Basic Facts on Accounting Jobs and Finance Careers:
- Areas of focus – Treasury, Financial Analysis, Credit Management, Cash Management, Benefits Management, Real Estate Management, Investor Relations, Controller
- Entry level positions – Financial Analyst, Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Entry level position example – Financial Analyst
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – Financial Analyst $53,000 – $86,000 (average $65,000)
- Career path – Financial Analyst, Manager, Director, Vice President, CFO