An Overview of Human Resources Jobs
A human resources department (HR department) of an organization performs human resource management, overseeing various aspects of employment, such as compliance with labor laws and employment standards, administration of employee benefits and some aspects of recruitment and dismissal. Human resources jobs continue to be a popular area for many college graduates.
Are careers in HR right for you? They may be!
Basic Facts on Careers in HR:
- Areas of focus – Employment / Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Training
- Entry level positions – HR Trainee/Coordinator, normally requires Bachelor’s Degree, Majors in Business Administration and HR Management
- Entry level position example – US Employee and Workforce Relations
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – HR Coordinator $38,000 – $60,000 (average $47,616)
- Career path – HR Trainee, Specialist, Senior Specialist, Assistant Manager, Manager, Director, VP