Information Technology Careers for New College Graduates
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers to store, study, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, or information, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. IT is considered a subset of information and communications technology (ICT). In 2012, Zuppo proposed an ICT hierarchy where each hierarchy level “contain[s] some degree of commonality in that they are related to technologies that facilitate the transfer of information and various types of electronically mediated communications.”Source via Wikipedia
Could a Desktop Support Analyst be a potential career option for you? If that position isn’t an ideal fit, there are many other information technology careers available.
Basic Facts on Information Technology Careers (including Desktop Support Analyst):
- Areas of focus – Data administration, mobile application design, web development, network administration, graphic design, IT security, software engineer, project management, programming, hardware engineer, animation, network architecture, robotics
- Entry level position – Multiple ranging from Desktop Support Analyst to Healthcare Systems Analyst. Degree requirements include Bachelors in computer systems analysis or science, management information systems or similar field.
- Entry level position example – Desktop Support Analyst
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – Desktop Support Analyst $39,000 – $74,000 (average $53,471)
- Career path – Analyst, Senior Analyst, Manager, Director, Vice President