Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Jobs Overview
Pharmaceutical production, or drug manufacturing, is the process of industrial-scale synthesis of pharmaceutical drugs by pharmaceutical companies. The process of drug manufacturing can be broken down into a series of unit operations, such as milling, granulation, coating, tablet pressing, packaging and others.
Pharmaceutical manufacturing jobs are an ideal fit for many college graduates. Is it right for you?
Basic Pharmaceutical Production Job Facts:
- Areas of focus – Design of manufacturing processes, ensuring integrity of finished product, creating product packaging and designing specialized workspaces
- Entry level positions – Process, Production or Packaging Engineer, BS / BE or higher in engineering discipline
- Entry level position example – Production Engineer
- Entry level salary range* – Packaging Engineer $52,849 – $86,564 (median $69,760); Process Engineer $59,842 – $83,828 (median $71,597)
- Career path – Engineer, Manager, Director, VP