Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs and Medical Device Sales for College Graduates
Sales professionals are hired by life-science companies to persuade healthcare professionals to use their products (drugs, diagnostics, medical devices, etc.) when treating various patient conditions.
Do you like to be out in front of the public? If so, medical device sales or pharmaceutical sales jobs may be the perfect fit after college graduation.
Basic Facts on Medical Device Sales and Pharmaceutical Sales Jobs:
- Areas of focus – Direct customer selling, training, sales management and sales information systems (call reporting, compensation plans)
- Entry level positions – Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. Bachelor’s Degree required
- Entry level position example – Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – Pharmaceutical Sales Representative – $55,000 – $90,000 (average $70,414)
- Career path – A successful sales representative can go into sales management, sales training, sales information systems or marketing. Many pharmaceutical companies have a career ladder between sales and marketing where successful candidates go back and forth between functions with progressively increasing responsibility. Sales Representative, Manager, Director, Vice President