Legal Department Jobs Overview
The legal department is responsible for providing legal services and advice to the company, its divisions and employees, and there are many positions in a legal department for recent grads.
If you are interested in law but still want to be involved in the life science industry, legal department jobs may be the perfect solution for you.
Basic Facts on Legal Department Jobs:
- Areas of focus – Contracts, Compliance, Labeling and Promotion Review
- Entry level position – Associate Attorney, requires advanced degree (JD)
- Entry level position example – Associate Counsel
- Entry level salary range* (Glassdoor) – Associate Attorney $81,000 – $180,000 (average $121,794)
- Career path – Associate, Division Counsel, Group Product Counsel, Vice President, General Counsel