Quality Assurance Jobs Overview
Quality assurance (QA) is a way of preventing mistakes or defects in manufactured products and avoiding problems when delivering solutions or services to customers; which ISO 9000 defines as “part of quality management focused on providing confidence that quality requirements will be fulfilled.”
Quality assurance jobs, also referred to as quality control jobs, will continue to grow year after year as technology evolves in the medical field. Because of this, a future in QA may be calling your name!
Basic Facts on Quality Control Jobs:
- Quality Control – Quality control analysts are responsible for the biological and chemical evaluation of products, materials and facilities. They perform assays and develop standard operating procedures.
- Quality Assurance – Quality assurance analysts ensure that a company’s testing, reporting and manufacturing are in compliance with regulatory requirements. They conduct audits and analyze data and documentation.
- Entry level positions – Quality Control Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, Bachelor’s degree in a science
- Entry level position example – Associate Scientist, Quality Control
- Entry level salary range* – Quality Control Analyst $38,812 – $74,488 (median $54,684); Quality Assurance Analyst – $44,609 – $76,296 (Median $57,833)
- Career path – QA or QC Associate, QA or QC Specialist, Manager, Director, Vice President