Regulatory Affairs Jobs Overview
Regulatory affairs jobs, also known as compliance jobs, is a comparatively new profession which developed from the desire of governments to protect public health by controlling the safety and efficacy of products in areas including pharmaceuticals, veterinary medicines, medical devices, pesticides, agrochemicals, cosmetics and complementary medicines. The regulatory affairs departments of life science companies ensure that their companies comply with all the regulations and laws governing their businesses. They communicate with regulatory agencies around the world and provide answers to the regulator’s questions.
Are you interested in this new and growing field of life science?
Basic Facts on Compliance Jobs:
- Areas of focus – Promotion and labeling, clinical, manufacturing, compliance
- Entry level positions – Regulatory Affairs Associate / Specialist, Bachelor’s degree in a science
- Entry level position example – Regulatory Affairs Associate
- Entry level salary range – Regulatory Affairs Specialist* – $47,778 – $78,353 (median $63,145)
- Career path – RA Associate, RA Specialist, Manager, Director, Vice President